Pioneer AVH-P2400BT 2-DIN Multimedia DVD Receiver – 2012’s Best Priced Receiver
The Pioneer AVH-P2400BT is a great receiver if you are tight on a budget for your new head unit. This particular device gives you great essential features, while allowing you the options to upgrade the unit in the future.
The head unit retails for less than half of the cost of most DVD receivers and yet incorporates many of the features that you find on the more expensive models.
This is an excellent choice when upgrading your vehicle’s sound system.
Highlights of the Pioneer AVH-P2400BT Receiver
- Outstanding In-dash DVD AV Receiver with Remote control and front USB port
- 5.8″ QVGA widescreen touch display with 5 display colors and 112 key color illumination
- Suggested retail price of $419.00 – Click here to check best price
- Built-in Bluetooth to allow wireless operation and communication with the radio
- Front USB and auxiliary ports for directly inputting your music collects from an iPhone, iPod, or hard drive
- Pandora radio app built in with connectivity to satellite radio
- MOSFET 50 W x 4 amplifier
- 3 RCA outputs for connecting to external amplifiers or speakers
- 8-Band graphic equalizer with high pass and low pass filters
- Remote control is included with unit
- Rear view camera input
- Front A/V auxiliary input
The AVH-2400BT – All You Need With Room To Expand
This DVD multimedia receiver provides everything you need in a car stereo. With its high quality 5.8″ touchscreen display and variety of screen color options, you can customize this receiver to match not only your vehicle’s illumination system, but your personal preference as well. The internal amplifier is a MOSFET, which is what draws many consumers to Pioneer units.
The preouts of this unit allow for connections to amplifiers for all factory speakers of most vehicles, while also accommodating a subwoofer. This unit will also serve as a navigational receiver with the proper AVIC-U220 add-on.
This is an excellent buy providing all the sound and display features of more expensive head-units, while only excluding the navigational features that are added with an adapter.
Bluetooth – Allowing hands-free use of your phone along with streaming audio
The auto search and connection functions of the AVH-2400BT allow for easy communication between your Bluetooth phone and the receiver. You do not have to set up Bluetooth on this stereo, as it will do it automatically when a phone is in range. This shall allow you to follow the hands-free laws for talking on phones while driving. Like the AVH-P3400BH, this Bluetooth feature also includes A2DP allowing users to stream high quality audio through their Bluetooth device to the stereo.
The App Mode feature allows listeners with iPhones and iPods to connect their hard drives to the stereo and either listen to stored music or streaming music.
This is not limiting though, as users can control the progression of tracks through the stereo receiver.For listening to music on the device the USB CD-IU51V interface cable is needed in order to establish a connection between the device and the head unit.
When this is in place, your music capabilities are limitless along with your experience. You can find all of your iPod/iPhone listening features on the 5.8″ touchscreen display including the Link and Alphabet Search enabling users to find their favorite songs or artists quicker. This interface also enables users to safely charge their Apple product.
HD Radio and Pandora
Pandora internet radio is one of the largest sensations to hit the social media scene in years. This application allows users to listen to personalized radio stations based on artists, or songs of interest. This also allows for the combination of stations and preferences to where listeners can experience a diverse range of music that they like. The AVH-2400BT head unit is customized for this application as it allows users all of the control features as the versions on computers and phones accommodate. Users can give “thumbs up/down”, add bookmarks, and switch between their favorite stations. This is a wonderful application for the road and it is displayed wonderfully on this head unit. The connection is established with the CD-IU51V interface cable, which is sold separately.
The unit comes equipped to accommodate satellite radio units that will allow listeners to control whatever satellite radio subscription service through the stereo. This is very convenient for trips and limiting the amount of units and wires distributed throughout the cabin of the vehicle. For this expansion Pioneer sells the GEX-P920XM for XM Radio Tuner and the CD-SB10 SIRIUS interface for SIRIUS radio subscribers.
The AVH-2400BT is set up for navigation and it is simple to upgrade to this feature by adding the AVIC-U220 add-on navigation system. This will allow you to save tweleve million POI and search for directions for your favorite destinations.
Overall this is an excellent unit that any type of audio user would be fortunate to have, as it was the case with his predecessor Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD. It provides excellent features for the price and is very accommodating of upgrades if users decide to upgrade their system. Another great point about this unit is that it features the same high-class display and internal amplifier as more expensive units, while also incorporating a front auxiliary input for easy connections to music storage devices. With the versatility of this unit as far as both audio and visual set-up and use, this is a great purchase for anyone looking to upgrade their vehicle’s audio system.
Pioneer AVH-P2400BT Technical Specifications
• Screen Size/Aspect Ratio: 5.8″/16:9
• Resolution: QVGA (480×240)
• LED Backlight
• Spectrum Analyzer
• Anti-Glare Coated LCD Screen
• Touch Panel Operation
• Motorized Display
• 1 Disc Capacity
• CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW Compatible
• DVD Video Playback
• CD Music Playback
• CD Video Playback
• MP3/WMA/iTunes® AAC Audio Playback: CD/DVD/USB
• JPEG Image File Playback: CD/DVD/USB
• DivX® Video Playback: CD/DVD/USB
• Dolby® Digital Decoder
• DTS Digital Out™
• MPEG-1/-2 Decoder: MPEG-4
• CD Text: Yes
• Supertuner IIID®
• XM Satellite Radio (GEX-P920XM required)
• SIRIUS Satellite Radio (CD-SB10 required)
• Built-In HD Radio™
• 24 Stations/6 Presets
• BSM (Best Station Memory): Yes
• Local Seek Tuning: Yes
• RDS: Yes
• Built-In Amplifier: MOSFET 50 W x 4
• 3 (2V) RCA Preouts
• 96 kHz/24-bit D/A Converter
• Sonic Center Control
• EEQ (Easy EQ) Preset Equalizer
• 8-Band Graphic Equalizer
• HPF/LPF Crossover Network
• Advanced Sound Retriever
• Subwoofer Control
Bluetooth/ iPod/ Apps/ Card/ USB
• Built-In Bluetooth® (HFP/A2DP/AVRCP/SSP)
• Direct Control for iPod®/iPhone® (Audio and Video) (CD-IU51V cable required)
• Pandora® Radio App Compatible
• Link Search for iPod®
• iTunes® Tagging (through HD Radio™ or RDS)
• App Mode for iPhone
• Rear USB Port (1 Amp)
• Rear AUX Input (Audio/Video)