Pioneer AVH-P3300BT – New model based on very successful predecessor
5.8-Inch DVD AV Bluetooth Receiver with iPod/iPhone Control
The new Pioneer AVH-P330BT is an offspring of the previous and very successful Pioneer AVH-P3200BT. It kept the marvelous sound quality of its predecessor but took its visual performance and connectivity options to a whole new level. And, again, all that for a reasonable price. This unit is a great value for money and tends to be one of the best selling models on the market.
Music in its gens
If you ever listened to an audio CD played on the older model with a good speaker system then you know what this receiver was all about. Well, Pioneer made sure that this legacy is continued through their new AVH-P3300BT model.
With a well known MOSFET amplifier this model delivers 4 x 50W peak power and 4 x 22W RMS power. Equipped with 8-band graphic equalizer with EEQ preset sound curves, the new unit allows you to fine tune your audio performance and get the best out of your sound system.
It is equipped also with Advanced Sound Retrieval system than will correct any error made by digital compression of audio tracks and Sonic Sound Center will allow you to adjust how the sound is distributed.
SuperTuner IIID with 24 stations, 6 presets, BSM (Best Station Memory) and RDS will take care of your radio. It also has a built-in Linear PCM Decoder, Dolby® Digital Decoder, DTS Digital Out™, 96 kHz/24-bit D/A Converter and 3 x 4V RCA preouts.
Visual performance of the AVH-P3300BT
Being a sound quality oriented device and on a budget the new AVH-P3300BT hasn’t got the biggest screen on the market but it compensates with its quality and excellent usability. It has a 5.8’’ Anti-Glare Coated Touchscreen display with 16:9 aspect ratio and a WQVGA resolution of 480 x 240 pixels that delivers crystal quality video unlike other devices in this price range. It has 4 background pictures and 3 background videos with 5 display colors and 112 color key illuminations.
But the greatest thing about it is its user interface. Now you can tap, swipe and drag items on your display just like on your smartphone and cruise through menus much faster than before. The new unit will playback everything you can remember of, from Video Cds, DVDs, MPEG and JPEG files to MP3, WMA and AAC iTunes files. It will even connect with your photo frame device.
Pioneer AVH-P3300BT has integrated Bluetooth that lets you connect all your favorite portable devices. You can make and receive calls via Bluetooth easier than ever. The sound is emitted through your speakers in crystal clarity and your voice is captured by the high quality external microphone equipped with noise cancelation technology. You can also connect your iPhone/iPod device trough the front USB port or connect any other portable device you carry with you. It also includes Pandora link application for Pandora internet radio.
Still has room to develop
This is a small device designed to serve a certain purpose but it can be upgraded with various modules to further increase its functionality and make it a powerful device. You can add various accessories like Pioneer Avic-U220 module and get a full GPS navigational system on your DVD receiver. Satellite radio is also supported with XM satellite and SIRIUS satellite radio modules and also the HD radio. Additional DVD player or a TV tuner can be connected through the IP bus and there are also 2 Audio/Video outputs for additional displays and a RCA video input for rear view camera module.
Old or new school ?
The AVH-P3300BT is obviously more advanced and up to date than its predecessor.
It has a new improved user friendly interface, supports all the latest portable devices and applications but when it comes to sound quality is it better than the old one? Well, maybe not better then the perfect sound reproduced by P3200BT unit, but we can definitely say that it is up to the task.
Pioneer AVH-P3300BT specification and features:
- 5.8″ TFT-LCD full color display with anti-glare coated screen
- Resolution WQVGA (480×240)
- Widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio
- Color customization with 5 different display colors and 112 different key illumination options
- In-dash Double-DIN DVD, CD, MP3, WMA, AM/FM player
- Automatic brightness and backlight adjustment
- Peak: 4 channels, 50 W per channel
- RMS: 4 channels, 22 W per channel
Audio and Video Features:
- Support for DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, VCD, AAC, DivX, MP3, WMA, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and JPEG
- 8-band graphic built-in equalizer
- EEQ Preset equalizer
- Option for Pioneer Auto Equalizer system. Requires Pioneer CD-MC20
- Sonic Center Control
- Advanced Sound Retrieval technology. Restores sound quality lost due to digital compression of music
- 3-Mode loudness setting
- Internal high and low pass filter
- Adjustable bass boost
- Source level adjustment. Allows you to change the volume settings of different audio sources
- Dolby Digital decoder
- DTS Digital out
- Dual Zone compatible
- Multi-language display
Add-on modules and options for Pioneer AVH-P3300BT:
- Navigation add-on module: Pioneer AVIC-U220
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio add-on module: Pioneer SIRIUS Radio Package
- XM Satellite Radio add-on module: Pioneer GEX-P920XM required and sold separately
- HD Radio add-on module: Pioneer GEX-P20HD required and sold separately
- iPod/iPhone connector cable: Pioneer CD-IU200V required and sold separately
- Front auxiliary input 3.5mm
- Front USB input
- Rear RCA audio/video input
- Rear video output
- Rear audio output 3.5mm mini-jack
- Rear video input for rear view cameras with a RCA composite input, Pioneer ND-BC20PA is recommended
- 3 Sets of 4V pre-amp outputs (front and rear/subwoofer switchable)
- SD/SDHC Memory card slot