Pioneer AVH-P3400BH DVD Receiver – The Brand new model for year 2012 – Facts and Best Price
Similar to its predecessors AVH-P3200BT and AVH-P3300BT, the brand new model AVH-P3400BH from Pioneer, will definitely be a tough guy to compete with, when talking about the value for money. Having in mind the old model was pretty successful regarding the number of sales made, and reviews that it got from the customers who bought it, we can expect nothing less from this year model, and even more.
If you check a few highlights of this model and compare the price with the competitors, you’ll get the point.
AVH-P3400BH Main Features Overview
• In-dash AM/FM, DVD, MP3, Pandora Receiver with Remote
• Price Range from $383.38 to $479.00 which is pretty low. Click here to check for the best price
• 5.8” Full color LCD Touchscreen Display with 8 Band Graphic Equalizer and 112 different colors
• Bluetooth for handsfree with A2DP music streaming (no cables needed)
• Pandora & HD Radio integrated
• iPhone advanced 2way connectivity
• Advanced Touch & Slide operation (no more complicated layered selection displays)
• Comes with a wireless remote control
• Power Output:
o Peak: 50 watts x 4 channels
o RMS: 14 watts x 4 channels
• 3 Sets of RCA Preouts (2V) for System Expansion
• Rear View camera input
• Front A/V Auxiliary Input: 3.5mm headphone jack
• Front USB Input for flash drives, and MP3 players
First of all let’s talk about variety of options that Pioneer AVH-P3400BH can deliver when talking about connectivity. One of these would certainly be a Bluetoothtm module which is far more advanced than on previous models. It features a version 3.0 as well as A2DP wireless music streaming, which we find one of the most useful improvements on this model. This is a completely new experience in Bluetooth technology as it is an alternative to cables which were pain in the back, you will agree.
The A2DP is basically the profile that defines how high quality audio from one device, can be sent to another, without loss of quality over a Bluetooth connection. This is way different than standard voice signal transfer from the unit to the headphones. A2DP is built to deliver a uni-directional 2-channel stereo audio signal (which would be MP3 for instance) from the device to the headset or a car audio unit. It supports various codecs, from low-complexity SBC codec to MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, AAC, and ATRAC, and even some custom types from different manufacturers.
One more important aspect and major improvement with AVH-P3400BH is a complete two-way communication between iPhone and the head unit. Although you will need a CD-IU51V optional cable (sold separately), this option is really cool. Song and artist name, altogether with other information such as clock, and call info, looks rather nice on 5.8” Touchscreen.
Cable connection also delivers a crystal clean digital signal transfer from your mobile device to the main unit. But the option that impressed us the most was the App mode, which enables you to execute some of the commands from the iPhone/iPod directly on the main screen of the receiver.
HD Radio & Pandora
If you like to listen to the personalized internet radio music than you came to the right place as the Pioneer AVH-P3400BH will help you take this to a whole new level. Just connect your iPhone/iPod to the receiver (with the optional -IU51V cable) and enjoy the stream of superior quality and ease of use with “thumb up”and “thumb down” option, which is something like a bookmarking of favorite songs and stations so you can purchase them later.
This time unit comes with a prebuilt HD radio receiver and gives you even more control on how to listen your favorite stations in a quality no lower than your CD can reproduce them. One of the most desirable features of HD Radio is of course a free subscription, and this unit gives you this advantage by featuring new extra local channels which offers music, sports and news at no cost at all.
For a complete list of HD Radio stations currently broadcasting in the United States or to learn more about HD Radio Technology please visit hdradio.com.
If this is not enough for you, there’s even more! AVH-P3400BH is also SAT Radio ready, which means that you can purchase an upgrade unit (Currently, Pioneer offers the GEX-P920XM add-on XM Radio Tuner, or the CD-SB10 SIRIUS Bus Interface for SIRIUS Satellite Radio), and tune into the satellite channels of commercial-free music, sports, talk, weather, traffic, and more.
New AVH-P3400BH is Navigation Ready
You can upgrade this unit to a whole new level by purchasing the AVIC-U220 add-on navigation system. With just a touch of a button you turn your DVD into powerful navigation unit. This add-on provides 20 channel GPS receiver with a magnetic antenna along with other features that you can find on much more expensive models.
One more interesting feature is a multitasking experience with AVH-P3400BT and AVIC-U220 as you can input your desired address even while music or any other source is playing.
Pioneer AVH-P3400BH Technical Specifications
• Screen Size/Aspect Ratio: 5.8″/16:9
• Resolution: QVGA (480×240)
• LED Backlight
• Spectrum Analyzer
• Anti-Glare Coated LCD Screen
• Touch Panel Operation
• Motorized Display
• 1 Disc Capacity
• CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW Compatible
• DVD Video Playback
• CD Music Playback
• CD Video Playback
• MP3/WMA/iTunes® AAC Audio Playback: CD/DVD/USB
• JPEG Image File Playback: CD/DVD/USB
• DivX® Video Playback: CD/DVD/USB
• Dolby® Digital Decoder
• DTS Digital Out™
• MPEG-1/-2 Decoder: MPEG-4
• CD Text: Yes
• Supertuner IIID®
• XM Satellite Radio (GEX-P920XM required)
• SIRIUS Satellite Radio (CD-SB10 required)
• Built-In HD Radio™
• 24 Stations/6 Presets
• BSM (Best Station Memory): Yes
• Local Seek Tuning: Yes
• RDS: Yes
• Built-In Amplifier: MOSFET 50 W x 4
• 3 (2V) RCA Preouts
• 96 kHz/24-bit D/A Converter
• Sonic Center Control
• EEQ (Easy EQ) Preset Equalizer
• 8-Band Graphic Equalizer
• HPF/LPF Crossover Network
• Advanced Sound Retriever
• Subwoofer Control
Bluetooth/ iPod/ Apps/ Card/ USB
• Built-In Bluetooth® (HFP/A2DP/AVRCP/SSP)
• Direct Control for iPod®/iPhone® (Audio and Video) (CD-IU51V cable required)
• Pandora® Radio App Compatible
• Link Search for iPod®
• iTunes® Tagging (through HD Radio™ or RDS)
• App Mode for iPhone
• Rear USB Port (1 Amp)
• Rear AUX Input (Audio/Video)
If you would like to take a glance into the user manual of the AVH-P3400BH you can click here and download it directly from the manufacturer’s site.