In-Dash DVD Double Din Multimedia AV Receiver – Full Review and Specs
Pioneer has always been known for top of the line audio components, home or professional. Their dedication to sound quality is famous. But you wouldn’t expect to find a sound component of that rank in your car without spending a lot of money? Well, with new Pioneer AVH-P3200BT that’s not the thing. This unit delivers such crystal quality sound that you would be amazed.
The Orchestra in your car
It features a powerful MOSFET 50 watts and 4 channels amplifier that delivers 22 watts RMS power output. But other Pioneer in-dash receivers also have that kind of amplifier.
So what makes the difference? Well, we would say that its 8-band parametric built-in equalizer with 7 preset tone curves has something to do with this. The AVH-P3200BT is also equipped with the latest Sonic Center Organizer that will let you setup your audio the way that suits you best. And for greater acoustic customization there are on-board high and low pass filters with bass boost adjustment.
The Advanced Sound Retrieval technology will restore all the frequencies that were lost during the digital compression of music. And if you want to expand your sound capabilities there are 3 pairs of 4 volt Preamp RCA outputs for front, rear and subwoofer components. It also includes Dolby Digital an DTS digital out.
Common thing for a device which is obviously built for superior sound quality you should not expect much from its video component. This is where AVH-P3200BT stands out. Regardless of its audio oriented nature it offers excellent video reproduction quality.
It has a 5.8” TFT-LCD Anti-Glare coated Touchscreen display with 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio. The display will automatically adjust brightness and backlight for best performance in different conditions. It will play everything you put in it, from CDs and DVDs, Divx movies and MPEG files to your MP3, WMA, AAC compressed audio files and JPEG files on your CD, your USB flash drive, SD card or your iPhone or iPod portable devices. It will even play the video feed from your game console through the front auxiliary input.
With integrated Bluetooth Pioneer lets you connect all your favorite portable devices with your Pioneer AVH-P3200BT. It has an integrated Parrot module that allows you to make and receive calls via Bluetooth. The sound is emitted through your speakers and your voice is captured by the high quality external microphone equipped with noise cancelation technology. It is compatible with all iPhone/iPod devices from September 2005. onwards.
You can use the IP Bus to connect an additional DVD player or a TV tuner and you can also connect a GPS navigation device through your RGB input.
Always enough room for improvement
With the AVH-P3200BT you can always expand. It supports Pioneers AVIC-F220 navigation module that will turn your in-dash receiver into a full GPS multimedia device. You can upgrade your radio with XM or SIRIUS satellite radio modules or HD radio module.
There are also 2 Audio/Video outputs for additional displays and a RCA video input for rear view camera module. There is a remote control module for your device but you can also connect your receiver with your car’s own steering wheel remote control with Hard wired remote input.
Some bads of AVH-P3200BT unit
- Screen washes out in sunlight and can get a little bit hard to read
- Another thing that is a lack of this unit is not having the rear USB port. That means you can not leave discrete iPod/iPhone connector in glove box permanently but have to connect cable to the front USB port.
- Pioneer AVH-P3200BT unit does not supports bluetooth audio streaming. For some guys this can be pretty annoying.
The Pioneer AVH-P3200BT is definitely more than you expect. Audio quality oriented, it delivers remarkable sound performance that you could only expect from top-of -the-line products. It has excellent video capabilities for its price range and supports various portable devices, add-ons and modules. An excellent choice especially if you prefer superb audio quality.
Tips for AVH-P3200BT
There are many things that can help you install and enjoy your new unit. Here are some:
With an optional kit you will be able to keep your steering wheel controls. This is great thing to know and it doesn’t cost a lot too.
Getting a wire bundle adapter (it is under $10) simplifies the installation and makes it easy to put the original stereo back in in case you need that. It’s essentially a connector that looks like the one on the factory stereo and has a color coded bundle of wires attached. You just solder or crimp these wires to the bundle that comes together with your new stereo. it’s now a ideal drop in replacement for the factory stereo. The bundle adapter is particular to your car, not the stereo you are installing
Lock-out of some features (movie playing, phone number pad dialing…) on your Pioneer AVHP3200BT can by bypassed and is carried out by detecting the state of the parking brake which in the event you “accidentally” don’t connect the parking brake wire but attach this wire somewhere to the ground that would be you will have no lock feature..
Pioneer AVH-P3200BT specification and features:
- 5.8″ TFT-LCD full color display with anti-glare coated screen
- Widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio
- Color customization with 5 different display colors and 113 different key illumination options
- In-dash Double-DIN DVD, CD, MP3, WMA, AM/FM player
- Automatic brightness and backlight adjustment
- Peak: 4 channels, 50 W per channel
- RMS: 4 channels, 22 W per channel
Audio and Video Features of Pioneer AVH-P3200BT:
- Support for DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, VCD, AAC, DivX, MP3, WMA, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and JPEG
- Support for Region 1 DVD discs
- 8-band parametric built-in equalizer
- 7 preset tone curves
- Option for Pione
er Auto Equalizer system. Requires Pioneer CD-MC20
- Sonic Center Control
- Advanced Sou
nd Retrieval technology. Restores sound quality lost due to digital compression of music
- 3-Mode loudness setting
- Internal high and low pass filter
- Adjustable bass boost
- Source level adjustment. Allows you to change the volume settings of different audio sources
- Dolby Digital decoder
- DTS Digital out
- Dual Zone compatible
- Multi-language display
Add-on modules and options:
- Navigation add-on module: Pioneer AVIC-U220
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio add-on module: Pioneer SIRIUS Radio Package
- XM Satellite Radio add-on module: Pioneer GEX-P920XM required and sold separately
- HD Radio add-on module: Pioneer GEX-P20HD required and sold separately
- iPod/iPhone connector cable: Pioneer CD-IU200V required and sold separately
- Front auxiliary input 3.5mm
- Front USB input
- Rear RCA audio/video input
- Rear video output
- Rear audio output 3.5mm mini-jack
- Rear video input for rear view cameras with a RCA composite input, Pioneer ND-BC20PA is recommended
- 3 Sets of 4V pre-amp outputs (front and rear/subwoofer switchable)
- SD Memory card slot