7 inch In-Dash Double-DIN DVD AV Receiver with iPod/iPhone Control, Pandora
- Price ranges from $359.99 to $499.99. Click to check the best deal !
- Why spend an extra $500+ on a Nav equipped unit if you have IPhone that already has it built in? You will use your iPhone with Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD anyway, so why would you spend more money ?
- The touch screen is as responsive as the iTouch. There is NO delay when you touch the screen.
- The menus are even more user-friendly and the GUI is smooth.
- Advanced Touch Slide Operation. Scroll feature allows for quick finds through large libraries of music when using SD Card or USB.
- Dvd and SD slots are accessible with the push of a button. The display motors down to expose them and also you can adjust the appropriate viewing angle here.
- Frequently used buttons are positioned along the bottom edge of the screen for quick access.
- It is the one of the most customizable units on the market today. It has a lot of options and you can upgrade to the same level as the thousand dollar units.
- Easy installation – Can be mounted using factory bracket as fast as 30 minutes and will fit in most vehicles with large dash opening.
Amazing 7″ Widescreen Color Display
With the very early few months of this year Pioneer has released several innovative in-dash DVD devices, one among them turning out to be the AVH-P4300DVD, a successor from the very well recognized avh-P4200 unit. It is a double-DIN in-dash DVD unit with a wide L.C.D. monitor fitted in the front side.
While we were making the Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD Review we noticed a great enhancement in quality of displays used for all Audio/Video receivers in 2011 and that was a brighter and more vivid picture. This unit features brilliant 7″ Anti-Glare coated LCD Touchscreen display with Active Matrix WQVGA. Screen resolution is 480×240 which is quite good for watching movies in your car.
It has multi-angle adjustments: The LCD touch screen display angle can be adjusted to five different positions, electronically. Also it features few widescreen modes when playing back video (Full, Justified, Zoom, Cinema, Normal).
The color of the main display on Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD can be set to red, amber, green, blue or white. The background can be set to preset still images, preset movie images, a stored JPEG image, a video image from the USB or SD Card, the clock, or turned off.
This display screen is actually 7” that’s significantly more than enough for all simple mortals. It offers Touchscreen technology, naturally, which is somewhat enhanced compared to the previous models. The monitor feels and looks a lot more just like your smartphone having all the tapping, dragging and sweeping features included. It has certainly rendered it way more user-friendly.
Menu navigation is definitely substantially quicker and music listing is very effortless. The actual resolution is usual for this type of screen formats, WQVGA 480×240 pixels using 16:9 aspect ratio. The display appears to be a bit brighter when compared to its predecessor but Anti-Glare covering works just great while in the sunshine. Over the nighttime the video is great with a lot more vivid colours as well as truly clear videos. A great detail that I liked regarding the this model is the fact that the monitor can be electronically realigned to 5 distinctive watching positions. You are also able to keep different video adjustments for several sources you choose to utilize, such as your apple ipod or maybe rear view camera which will save you, lots of effort rather of modifying the picture each and every time you plug in the external unit.
A nice impression certainly is the manner of how DVD and SD card slots have been tucked away in back of the display and are unveiled with a push of a button. As expected, you will find 5 unique screen colorings, 4 distinct background photographs, 3 distinct background videos along with 112 different key illumination choices to try out with whenever you become bored of all of the brand new functions or simply choose to get a new look of your car interior.
iPod/iPhone Integration and compatibility of Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD
You can listen your favorite music, podcasts, and other audio files stored on your iPod or iPhone Using your iPod or iPhone’s USB/Dock cable. Using the optional Pioneer CD-IU200V iPod/iPhone cable you can also enjoy playback all video files like movies, TV shows, video podcasts, and and other.
You can choose to control your iPod/iPhone from the units touchscreen, or the iPod/iPhone’s clickwheel or touchscreen . This is called App mode. This mode also enables you to use downloaded applications (such as YouTube, Netflix, Rhapsody, etc.) from your iPhone on the Pioneer multimedia headunit.
If you like Pandora for IPhone, just download Pioneer’s free Pandora Link app, connect your IPhone with the optional cable and use receiver to navigate through your Pandora stations.
New Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD is refreshed and is compatible with the vast majority of new portable gadgets available on the market so you shouldn’t experience any problems with gadget connectivity. It is very compatible with Apple’s iPhone and iPod products which are most popular used units all around the US. You will need an extra cable from Pioneer to connect them but it surely is really worth the dollars.
With new Direct Control service for iPhone and iPod you’ll be able to control your gadget by simply utilizing your touch-screen display on your receiver. It is wonderful for browsing your tunes or perhaps videos and will truly make your life simpler. An awesome option is definitely the Pioneer’s Pandora Link that permits you to connect to Pandora music service directly through your iPhone.
An excellent method to save additional money when talking about Navigation system, is to use your iPhone Gps device rather then buying an extra gps system module, although that is your personal choice to make. It also comes with an USB port which you could utilize in order to connect Mp3’s, media devices or maybe even your photo-frame.
Extra seat video display units, Video players as well as rear view video cameras can be included using multiple audio/video input and output ports in the back. Really the only element that is certainly missing is included Bluetooth and that’s some thing I personally don’t actually understand.
Why Pioneer decided not to include a Bluetooth device to a new unit which includes all the other connectivity features? This specific downside may be solved by purchasing an extra Bluetooth module from Pioneer but I nevertheless believe a built-in one would have been much better. The only great factor related to this is that you can easily transfer modules out of your old Pioneer products, for those who own some, on to your AVH-P4300DVD and save some dollars instead of obtaining new ones again.
Complete Audio/Video Playback
You don’t have to worry about file types as Pioner AVH-P4300DVD will play almost every type of file you can find.
Pioneer has integrated DivX and full DVD support so you can watch any type of movie you want. It supports DivX video file playback recorded onto DVD-R/RW and CD-R/RW discs, as well as SD-cards and USBs. Also it features multi-subtitle option which you can use to switch between subtitle languages during playback of your disc.
Dolby Digital and Linear PCM decoder, along with a DTS digital out will make your car sound like a well-tuned movie theater.
This unit will play MP3 (8-320 kbps), WMA, (5-320 kbps), and AAC (8-320 kbps) audio files. It’s also compatible with ID3/WMA Tags and will display artist, folder, file, and album name, plus comments.
It’s equipped with MOSFET amp which will delivers 50 Watts with 4 channels. Pioneer promises 22 Watts RMS power however CEA proclaims differently, 14 W RMS peak power for four channels. Do not get me wrong, this is often more than enough for most audio systems, not talking about subwoofers or super charged speakers. It may be very fine tuned with 8-Band graphic equalizer manually or you could make use of the Easy EQ pre-specified equalizer curves which is so much simpler.
It has an capability for Pioneer Auto Equalizer unit that you could acquire in addition but that is only should you absolutely desire excellence. Pioneer has additionally incorporated the Advanced Sound Retrieval service that repairs audio quality reduced within digital compression of music and it performs extremely good. You will not experience some big improvement but if you listen very closely you may notice it.
One more useful option certainly is the Sonic Centre Control. It is a listening position adjustment tool which permits you to tune your music output depending on where you happen to be sitting. It has graphical adjustment menu that’s very simple to work with and adjust the way you or your passenger will hear the sounds. It changes the speaker timing according to your placement which leads to improved sound quality.etrieval service that repairs audio quality reduced within digital compression of music and it performs extremely good.
In terms of media compatibility Pioneer has performed a fantastic job. This new device is completely up to date and can play practically every thing you decide to put in it. I have tried using CDs (R and RW), DVDs (also R and RW), Video CDs, Audio CDs, DivX movies etc. and had no difficulties with the playback even with aged and damaged discs. It also supports MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MP3, WMA and iTunes AAC media file types and can show your JPEG images with no trouble at all.
A fine detail is a built-in 96kHz/24-bit D/A (Digital to Analog) decoder together with a linear PCM decoder which performs extremely good. For those who like listening to your fm radio it has Supertuner IIID with 24 stations/6 presets along with RDS that’s common for this sort of products. It has Best Station Memory which can be a smart thing to have and I truly liked it. In case you essentially like listening to the radio you could spend a little more in XM satellite or SIRIUS satellite radio modules or a HD radio module however I’m not really that much into FM.
Great expand-ability Options
Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD is one of the most customizable units on the market today. A lot of options and you can upgrade to the same level as the thousand dollar units.
You can integrate HD Radio, SIRIUS Satellite Radio, XM Radio, Bluetooth, GPS Navigation, iPod/iPhone control, a back -up camera, external monitors for backseats, games consoles and more with this great unit. Pioneer didn’t change most of the add-on modules from previous models, so if you are upgrading from an earlier Pioneer model, you will save money by not having to purchase additional modules.
Rear View Camera: The unit is equipped with a composite video Rear View Camera input. It will automatically switch to the rear camera image (Rear View Camera In jack) if an optional rear camera is installed on your vehicle. When your vehicle’s shift lever is in the reverse position, the screen automatically switches to the rear view camera.
- This unit has no Bluetooth phonebook support for phones other than iPhone.
- Video can only be displayed while the vehicle is in park (the unit will display “Audio Only” when your vehicle is in motion).
- You cannot play
DivX files on unit’s main monitor and a connected external monitor at the same time.
- This unit has a parking brake interlock system that prohibits viewing of video programming and operating certain controls when the vehicle is in motion. In order to watch video on the in-dash monitor, the vehicle must be parked with the parking brake engaged. But there’s a solution for this. Check out this diagram for how to do the parking brake bypass for AVH-P4300DVD.
Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD – Technical Specification
- In-dash Double DIN DVD, AM/FM, CD, MP3, WMA player with Remote
- Wireless remote control included
- CEA-2006 compliant amplifier
- Power Output:
- Peak: 50 watts x 4 channels
- RMS: 22 watts x 4 channels (Pioneer Certified)
- RMS: 14 watts x 4 channels (CEA Certified)
- Warranty 1-year
- Width 7 in
- Depth 6.5 in
- Height 3.9 in
- Weight 4.9 lbs
- Enclosure Type Double-DIN
- System Control Bus IP-Bus
- Digital Audio Format Dolby Digital output, DTS digital output
- Controls Balance, Volume, Fader
- Control Features Touch panel
- Features Rear-facing camera capability, iPod compatible, CD text
- Type LCD monitor
- Technology TFT active matrix
- Diagonal Size 7″ Full color WQVGA (480×240) display with anti-glare coated LCD screen
- Widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio
- Analog Video Format NTSC
- Features Touch screen
- Motorized, flip-down display with 5 selectable angle settings
- Color customization with 5 different display colors and 112 color key illumination options
- Background picture includes 4 different pictures and 3 different videos
- Display Spectrum Analyzer and automatic display positioning
Playback and Audio/Video Features:
- Playback of DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, VCD, AAC, AVI, DivX, MP3, WMA, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, and JPEG
- CD Text Display
- MP3 I
- D3 Tag Display (Title/Artist/Album)
- Dolby Digital decoder
- Linear PCM decoder
- DTS Digital out
- 96 kHz/24-bit Digital-to-Analog (D/A) Converter
- Dual Zone compatible
- Multi-language display includes English, Spanish, and French
- Supertuner IIID tuner with 18FM/6AM presets
- Best Station Memory (BSM)
- Local seek tuning
- Radio data system (RDS) displays radio broadcast information such as artist, title and album
- Sonic Center Control allows the user to assign a center point for the music, resulting in more accurate music replication
- Advanced Sound Retrieval technology restores the lost frequencies that come with digital compression of music
- 3-Mode loudness setting adjusts the deficiencies in the low and high frequency ranges when playing the music a low levels
- Adjustable bass boost
- Internal high-pass filter
- 3 Sets of 4V preamp outputs (front and rear/subwoofer switchable)
- Navigation Ready: Pioneer AVIC-U220 required and sold separately
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio Ready: Pioneer SIRIUS Radio Package required and sold separately
- XM Satellite Radio Ready: Pioneer GEX-P920XM required and sold separately
- HD Radio Ready: Pioneer GEX-P20HD required and sold separately
- Bluetooth Ready: Pioneer CD-BTB200 required and sold separately
- iPod/iPhone Ready: Pioneer CD-IU50V required and sold separately
- Rear-panel auxiliary input: 3.5mm (headphone jack) allows connection to portable media devices such as MP3 players, etc.
- Rear-panel USB input: USB Port allows connection to digital media devices such as MP3 players, etc.
- Rear audio/video input: 1 set of rear RCA Audio/Video inputs
- Rear video output: 1 set of rear video output
- Rear audio output: 3.5mm mini-jack output
- Rear video input: Rear video input for rear view cameras with a RCA composite input, however the Pioneer ND-BC20PA is recommended
- SD & SDHC Memory car slots behind the flip-down front panel
- Steering wheel remote ready: PAC SWI-PS or the Axxess ASWC required and sold separately
- Connector Type 1 x Audio line-in ( Mini-phone stereo 3.5 mm ) – Rear
- 1 x Camera connector – Rear
- 1 x Composite video/audio input ( RCA phono x 3 ) – Rear
- 1 x Composite video output ( RCA phono ) – Rear
- 1 x USB ( 4 pin USB Type A ) – Rear
- 1 x Front channel output ( RCA phono x 2 ) – Rear
- 1 x Rear channel output ( RCA phono x 2 ) – Rear
- 2 x Subwoofer output ( RCA phono ) – Rear
- Max Output Power / Channel Qty 50 Watts x 4
- Continuous Power / Channel Qty 22 Watts x 4
- Amplifier Output Details 22 Watt – 4 Ohm – THD 5 % – 4 channel(s)
- Crossover Active crossover
Low Pass Frequencies
- 125 Hz
- 100 Hz
- 80 Hz
- 50 Hz
- 63 Hz
High Pass Frequencies
- 125 Hz
- 63 Hz
- 100 Hz
- 80 Hz
- 50 Hz
- Bass Boost Gain 0 to +12dB
- Type: Graphic
- Equalizer Band Qty 8 bands
Equalizer Center Frequencies
- 8000 Hz
- 10000 Hz
- 80 Hz
- 40 Hz
- 1000 Hz
- 400 Hz
- 200 Hz
- 1250 Hz
Equalizer Factory Presets
- Super Bass
The Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD is very likely the best-buy product of its kind on the market. For similar products, browse our categories on Pioneer AVH.com