Pioneer AVIC-X920BT 6.1-Inch In-Dash Double-Din Navigation A/V Receiver with DVD Playback, Built-In Bluetooth and Widescreen Display
Probably the best-buy option from Pioneer when it comes to in-dash double DIN navigation systems is AVIC-X920BT. It has a large touchscreen display, built-in navigation system, multimedia playback support, built-in Bluetooth and a large variety of options and add-ons.
3D Touchslide advanced interface
Pioneer AVIC-X920BT has a large 6.1’’ Touchscreen Anti Glare Coated display with 3D Touchslide user interface. It uses WVGA (800×480) screen resolution with 16:9 aspect ratio and implements a 3D graphic accelerator to provide the user with easy-to-use 3D animated menus. It has a customizable menu that allows the user to drag and drop 15 favorite function icons into the homepage display for quicker and easier access.
With Tele Atlas complete coverage of the US, Canada, Alaska, Hawaii and Puerto Rico and over 12 million POIs (Points of Interest) your AVIC-X920BT will always get you where you want to go. It implements the newest navigational technologies like Road Preference, Intelligent Re-Route, TTS (Text to Speech) early warning system, AVIC FEEDS, 3D Hybrid sensors (Gyro and G-Force) for increased precision and more. It will also provide Fuel cost reports and emission charts for your trip which you can use to further increase efficiency on the road.
Just say where you want to go
Safety has always been an issue and with Pioneer’s Voice Command system you will never take your eyes of the road again. Now you can simply tell your AVIC-X920BT the address or POI and it will instantly plan the best route for you. You can also dial a number or a person from your phonebook and you can even search for your favorite song just by using your voice.
Unit is equipped with CEA-2006 compliant MOSFET 50 W/4 channels amplifier with 7-band graphic equalizer, EEQ (Easy EQ) preset equalizer, Advanced Sound Retrieval system and 3 (2V) RCA preouts. It has SUPERTUNER® IIID with 24 stations/6 presets, BSM (Best Station Memory) and RDS. When it comes to multimedia support, you don’t have to worry about a thing. The AVIC-X920BT will playback every known media type out there including CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW, Video and Audio CDs, WMV, H.264, MPEG-4, MP3/WMA,AAC for iTunes® and JPEG files. It comes with built-in Dolby® Digital Decoder, D/A 96kHz/24-bit converter and 10-bit Video DAC.
The AVIC-X920BT has integrated Bluetooth for handsfree calling and audio streaming that is also compatible with the AVIC FEEDS application. You can also connect all your favorite portable devices including Direct Control for iPhone and iPod. It supports Pandora app for iPhone and uses MusicSphere to help you organize your content.
It has a very cool iPhone-based trick when it’s paired with the Pandora Internet radio service. You can download the Pioneer Pandora Link app to their iPhone and, when paired utilizing the proper cable, take control of the Pandora Web radio app on the iPhone when utilizing the X920BT’s touch screen. You can view album artwork and metadata, select Pandora radio stations, skip tracks, and rate songs with a thumb up or down. There is also the option to bookmark a song or artist for later retrieval and purchase on Pandora’s Website.
An additional iPod-based feature will be the unit’s MusicSphere technology. MusicSphere is essentially an iTunes plug-in that looks at your iTunes library and helps to create a selection of 40 custom playlists based on BPM, mood, rhythm pattern, and year of release. These playlists may well then be synced to an iPod or iPhone and is accessed using the X920BT’s MusicSphere interface–an animated 3D spherical graphic that the user browses by swiping up and down, left and correct. The MusicSphere software program may also produce a 100-song nonstop music mix that will be played back with transition effects, such as cross fading in between songs.
Along with iPod integration, the AVIC-X920BT boasts a large selection of available audio sources. A USB pigtail enables you to flash memory units and media players that support USB mass storage mode. There’s one more 1/8-inch auxiliary analog audio input pigtail. Its Bluetooth program supports A2DP audio streaming from music phones or Bluetooth audio adapters.
Upgrade and get more
If all this is not enough for you, you can always upgrade your AVIC-X920BT to give you even more. It has support for XM Satellite radio, SIRIUS Satellite radio and HD radio, MSN Direct and a wide variety of headrest screens and back view cameras.
You can also connect back seat monitors to play movies for back seat passengers while you drive.
There’s newer model of this unit and that is Pioneer AVIC-X930BT.
- Unit would scan and parse the iPod’s library, but it won’t play audio when it linked towards the X920BT’s USB port. An optional cable (Pioneer CD-IU200V) for iPod and iPhone is needed to enable audio playback.
- Bluetooth compatibility with some Android phones can be problematic. So if you are planning this device for Bluetooth Audio streaming, be sure to double check compatibility with your device before purchasing.
Pioneer AVIC-X920BT technical specification and features:
- 6.1″ WVGA 800×480 full color 3D display with anti-glare coated LCD screen
- Widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio
- Touch screen with Advanced Touch Slide Operation
- Picture Adjustment
- Peak: 4 channels, 50 W per channel
- RMS: 4 channels, 22 W per channel (Pioneer Certified)
- RMS: 4 channels, 14 W per channel (CEA Certified)
- CD Text Display
- MP3 ID3 Tag Display
Audio and Video Features:
- Support for DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, VCD, AAC, DivX, MP3, WMA, WMV, H.264, MPEG-4 and JPEG
- Supertuner IIID® tuner with 26 stations/6 presets
- Best Station Memory (BSM)
- Local seek tuning
- Radio data system (RDS)
- 7-band graphic equalizer
- Advanced Sound Retrieval technology. Restores sound quality lost due to digital compression of music
- 3-Mode loudness setting
- App mode insures greater compatibility with smartphone applications
- Dolby Digital decoder
- 96 kHz/24-bit D/A Converter
- 10-Bit Video DAC
Add-on modules and options:
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio add-on module: Pioneer SIRIUS Radio Package
- XM Satellite Radio add-on module: Pioneer GEX-P920XM required and sold separately
- HD Radio add-on module: Pioneer GEX-P20HD required and sold separately
- iPod®/iPhone® connector cable: Pioneer CD-IU200V required and sold separately
- Rear-panel auxiliary input 3.5mm
- Rear-panel USB input
- Micro SD memory card slot
- Composite A/V input
- Composite Video output
- Dual Zone Audio/Video
- Rear video input for rear view cameras with a RCA composite input is recommended
- 3 Sets of 2V pre-amp outputs (front and rear/subwoofer switchable)
- Customizable Home Screen Shortcuts
Bluetooth Features of Pioneer AVIC-X920BT:
- Built-in Bluetooth technology for hands-free talking and Audio Streaming
- Bluetooth version 2.0 certified
- Pioneer AVIC-X920BT Works with most Bluetooth enabled cell phones