Pioneer AVIC-X940BT – Confidence and Fun on the Road
The Pioneer AVIC-X940BT will surely change the way you drive this year. Equipped with NAVTEQ, you have updated maps of the United States, Canada, Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. With the additional 12 million points of interests, the navigation unit will deliver all the sensibility that you need when you are on the road. The unit allows for hands free phone calls though its built-in Bluetooth technology along with audio streaming feature.
The unit offers 4GB of flash memory, DVD playback, 3D graphics accelerator, and a great touchscreen display. Viewing becomes more enjoyable not just because of the larger display but also because of the Dual Zone Technology which allows independent video or audio playback for the rear seat. The navigational system is set for release in April.
To better understand the Pioneer AVIC-X940BT, we will have a closer look to its more specific features through following review.
- Wide 6.1 ” Antiglare Touch Screen with WVGA Resolution (800×480 6.1″/16:9 aspect ratio)
- Built-In Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- Pandora® Radio and Aha™ Radio Compatible with iPhone® and Android™ and Supertuner® IIID
- Partial Detachable Face Security
- Built-In MOSFET 50W x 4 Amplifier
- 3 Sets of RCA Preouts (2V) for System Expansion
- 8-Band Graphic Equalizer
- Rear View Camera Input
- Navigation with 3D Hybrid Sensor (Gyro & G-Force) and AVIC FEEDS Customization (PC Application)
- AVIC FEEDS App Compatible: iPhone®, BlackBerry®
- USB and AUX input port on the rear
- Rotary Volume Control and advanced touch Slide Operation for maximum pleasure
Compatibility and integration
The Pioneer AVIC-X940BT lets you access your entertainment by integrating the Android operating system from this year. Moreover, you can listen to your favorite music through Aha Radio and Pandora Radio. The unit is also equipped with advanced app mode that lets you control your iPhone 4 or iPhone 4S through the touchscreen display of the navigation unit.
This unit features advanced Bluetooth audio streaming and you just need a compatible audio player device to have the ability to wirelessly stream (A2DP) and control audio (AVRCP) to the receiver. This way you get rid of cables we all hate so much.
By introducing Advanced App Mode, Pioneer lets you view and control applications of your iPhone 4 directly from your units main touchscreen. Thanks to this feature, you can now enjoy watching YouTube, Netflix and similar online video content. Moreover you can send it to the backseat monitors while driving to entertain the whole familiy.
The display for the Avic-x940bt has an aspect ratio of 16:9 and a screen size of 6.1 inches. It has WVGA 800×480 resolution that makes viewing the system easier. Its coated LCD screen reduces the glare for superior comfort and provides a touch panel operation for additional functionality.
With its 4GB capacity, you can store all the maps that you need. With the Road Preference feature, you can always head on to the fastest route. In case something unexpected comes your way, you can easily find an alternative path through the Intelligent Re-route feature. Other features that you can find useful are the Text to Speech and the 3D Hybrid G Force and Gyro Sensor.
The navigation system also provides an ECO graph, fuel reports, traffic tuner, and allows for Customization of the AVIC Feeds through your PC. With its five display modes – ECO graph view, 3D/2D rear view and 2D/3D street view, you can choose the most convenient way to see yourself in the navigation system while you drive.
The navigational system is capable of playing 1 compact Disc and is equipped with DVD playback, CD music playback, DVD RW/R playback, and CD R/RW playback. Through USB and micro SD you can play music from iTunes and mp3 players as well as movies in MPEG, H164 and WMV formats. The unit also has a 24bit/96Khz D/A converter, a Dolby Digital Recorder, 10-Bit Video DAC and CD Text.
The Pioneer AVIC-X940BT has 6 presets, 24 stations and allows you to keep your best stations and local seek tuning. It has a Supertuner IIID as well as the XM Satellite Radio and SIRIUS Satellite Radio.
The unit uses MOSFET 50 W x 4 for its built-in amplifier. It has an auto EQ and an Easy EQ 8 Band Preset Equalizer. It has three loudness modes and three 2V RCA preouts. This should be quite good even for a more demanding customer.
Other Important Functions
The Pioneer AVIC-X940BT allows direct control over Apple products such as the iPhone and the iPod. It is compatible with Aha Radio, Pandora Radio and AVIC Feeds, making it compatible with iPhone, Android and Blackberry.
In Comparison with the Pioneer AVIC-X940BTprevious model
The Avic-x930bt, the forerunner of the x940bt, has most of the features that the present unit has. Being compatible with the Android technology will surely help the Avic-x940bt reach a wider market. However, the users of Avic-x930bt will feel that there is no major leap as far as technology is concerned. You will find great use in the x940bt if you are using a navigational system that was released some five years ago. But if you are using the x930bt, you might consider waiting for a newer model to come out.
The AVIC- X940 is perfect for people who want to make their driving more fun and pleasurable. It is a better choice if you are tired of your old and boring navigational system. It is certain that the unit will as well make you more confident on the road with its map of the entire United States and its neighboring countries.
Where to get the Pioneer Avic-x940bt
Pioneer AVIC-X940BT Technical Specifications
- 6.1″ WVGA 800×480 full color display with anti-glare coated LCD screen
- Widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio
- Touch screen with Advanced Touch Slide Operation
- Picture Adjustment
- DVD, CD, MP3, WMA, AM/FM player
- Wireless remote control
- Flash Memory (for Map Data and Applications): 4 GB
- Coverage Area: US, Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, Puerto Rico
- Road Preference
- Intelligent Re-Route
- 3D Hybrid Sensor (Gyro & G-Force)
- TTS (Text-to-Speech)
- Points of Interest (POI): Approx. 12 Million
- AVIC FEEDS Customization (PC Application)
- Display Modes: 5 (2D/3D/Street View/Rear View/ECO Graph View)
- Fuel Cost Report
- ECO Graph
- TMC Traffic Tuner: ND-TMC10 required
- Peak: 4 channels, 50 W per channel
- RMS: 4 channels, 22 W per channel (Pioneer Certified)
- RMS: 4 channels, 14 W per channel (CEA Certified)
- CD Text Display
- MP3 ID3 Tag Display
Audio and Video Features:
- Support for DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD, CD-R, CD-RW, VCD, AAC, DivX, MP3, WMA, WMV, H.264, MPEG-4 and JPEG
- Supertuner IIID® tuner with 26 stations/6 presets
- Best Station Memory (BSM)
- Local seek tuning
- Radio data system (RDS)
- 7-band graphic equalizer
- Advanced Sound Retrieval technology. Restores sound quality lost due to digital compression of music
- 3-Mode loudness setting
- App mode insures greater compatibility with smartphone applications
- Dolby Digital decoder
- 96 kHz/24-bit D/A Converter
- 10-Bit Video DAC
Add-on modules and options:
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio add-on module: Pioneer SIRIUS Radio Package
- XM Satellite Radio add-on module: Pioneer GEX-P920XM required and sold separately
- HD Radio add-on module: Pioneer GEX-P20HD required and sold separately
- iPod®/iPhone® connector cable: Pioneer CD-IU200V required and sold separately
- Rear-panel auxiliary input 3.5mm
- Rear-panel USB input
- Composite A/V input
- Composite Video output
- Rear video input for rear view cameras with a RCA composite input, Pioneer ND-BC20PA is recommended
- 3 Sets of 2V pre-amp outputs (front and rear/subwoofer switchable)
- Micro SD Memory card slot
- Customizable Home Screen Shortcuts
- Built-in Bluetooth technology for hands-free talking and Audio Streaming
- Bluetooth version 2.0 certified
- Works with most Bluetooth enabled cell phones
Check out a video about Pioneer AVIC-X940BT